Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth.
– Revelation 14:13
St. Paul’s Lutheran Cemetery (California, MO)
St. Paul’s Lutheran Cemetery is located at the western end of Patrick Street in California, Missouri. Land was purchased in the spring of 1864 to be used as a cemetery for the congregation of St. Paul’s and has been continuously owned and maintained by the members since. The cemetery has been recently mapped and new graves plotted by Earl Friedmeyer, church member.
More detailed information and many photos of graves can be located at www.moniteau.net/stpauls
Evangelical Lutheran Emanuel Cemetery, Centertown, MO
Evangelical Lutheran Emanuel Cemetery, established September 13, 1869, is located on three acres at the intersection of Lookout Trail (old Hwy 50) and Waterford Road near the west end of Centertown, Missouri. The church of the same name at this location was demolished in the early 1960’s and the property has been owned and maintained by St. Paul’s since October 1977. In 2007, the cemetery was mapped and new graves plotted by Hilbert (now a member of the church above) and Wanda Strobel, members of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, California, Missouri.
More detailed information and many photos of graves can be located at www.moniteau.net/centertown
Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery (Boeckhaus), California, MO
Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery, also know as the Boeckhaus Cemetery, is located just southwest of California, Missouri. Created in February 1912 on land deeded to the Immanuel Cemetery Association by three single men of the Boeckhaus family, the tract initially measured 156 feet by 134 feet. There are currently 60 graves along with several open spaces and a number of the occupants were charter members of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church. In fact, many of their descendants are members at St. Paul’s in the present day.
Eventually Immanuel Cemetery Association, a Missouri Corporation, met with our Board of Trustees to explore options for future care of this cemetery. With approval from voting members of the congregation, a special meeting was held August 30, 2009 to formally turn over operation of the cemetery to St. Paul’s Lutheran Church.
To reach Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery from West Buchanan Street (Business 50 Highway), turn south on Gerhart Road and travel approximately one mile (.8 mile). The cemetery can be found on the east side of the road behind a white fence.
More detailed information and many photos of graves can be located at www.moniteau.net/boeckhaus